I believe some of you might want to know what will happen at BizzThemes in 2011 or at least what’s the plan for the fist half of the year? I’m not really much of a writer, so I’ll cut to the point:
- At least 12 new themes.
- Categories such as News, Transport, Events, Estate, …
- All themes moved to a new framework 7.0+.
- All themes will be predefined with dummy content by default, on activation.
- Import/Export feature for everything.
- Faster drag/drop and ajaxed layout control panel.
- Better design tools.
New Design Policy
- Even cleaner design.
- No images for backgrounds, all CSS.
- Usable design, no unnecessary elements whatsoever.
- More reliance on Typography than bordering and backgrounds.
New Coding Policy
- Less hierarchy in CSS elements.
- Meaningful, short classes and IDs (example: <div class=”twitter_link”>Follow Us</div>).
- Coding directed by speed and performance as #1 priority.
- No duplicated code.
- More OOP and PHP classes.
- Better file translations.
- Hooks and Filters for everything, even all Widgets.
New Support Features
- Automatic email reply whan question gets answered.
- Forcing all support queries to forums from emails.
- Paid Feedback for critical bug reports or usable feature suggestions ($10 per feedback).
Innovation and Testing
- Testing a theme sale on ThemeForrest.com.
- Moving majority of files into Classes and code clusters.
- Buying designs from experienced site designers.
- Moving layout and design controls from back-end to the front-end.
I hope you like our plans for 2011 and will continue to support our work in future. We’ll be doing our best to make WordPress better and to support our customers even faster.